Five Cancer Preventing Foods that Help You Live Longer
Modern opinions (and science) as it relates to food and health can be a confusing subject. Today’s gluten-free diet can just as easily become tomorrow’s Atkins. Do some searches online and you’ll find just as many people advocating for the Paleo diet as there are dismissing it. However, there are some sturdy scientific findings, particularly if you’re looking to reduce your risk of cancer.
Here are five foods to proven to help if you incorporate them into your diet:
- Coffee: Among other health benefits, such as reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s, this antioxidant packed drink has been proven to lower the risk of liver cancer.
- Spinach and Kale: Dark, leafy greens have many huge health benefits. Aside from the fiber they provide which reduces the risk of colorectal cancer, their carotenoids also help prevent breast cancer, skin cancer, and stomach cancer.
- Blueberries: This fruit has received a lot of attention over the last few years, and for good reason; it packs a massive dose of antioxidants. Blueberries help prevent many types of cancer, especially colorectal.
- Grapefruit: The Vitamin C in grapefruit combines with carotenoids and fiber to form a three-pronged attack of cancer prevention.
- Garlic: Garlic is packed with substances called organosulfur compounds that positively impact stomach, bladder, and prostate cancer.
An overall good diet and healthy habits (no smoking and drinking in moderation) are also great ways to prevent cancer. Incorporating the foods mentioned into your daily diet will give you yet another healthy leg up.